Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Pre-blog...

Yep, I think I can now start to divide my life into pre-blog and post-blog. Ha-ha.

Seriously, I just wanted to share with you all some of the things I've made in the last year, especially for the littles. As I've mentioned I love making clothes for my boys (even if I'm now a bit obsessed with selfish sewing for me!) because its so adorable to see them truck around in handmade duds. After you get over the screaming and bribe them with a cookie to wear the thing and take their photo.

Anyway, without further ado, here is a pic of the four pairs of Oliver and S Sandbox pants I made for KCWC last year, using quilting cotton gifted to me by my aunt and brown linen. The pattern was easy to put together, but I did get a little burned out by the 4th pair. Bonus: even a year later, these pants are in heavy rotation thanks to the drawstring waist, my kids general lack of disdain for the growth chart, and some re-hemming to make them into shorts!



Another of my Oliver and S pre-blog makes was the Nature Walk Pullover. This one was made out of thrifted velour and quilting cotton again. The velour made them more of winter wear, but I'm hoping we can squeeze another season out of these, as they were a bit more time consuming to make!



Hey! These have pockets!

Now, what can I stuff in here for mom to "discover" when she does laundry?

Finally, we have a pair of Oliver and S Sleepover Pajamas. Made out of Monkey Business Flannel. These have held up really well to repeated wear, and will definitely see another winter, with more to come! In fact, I may even make up a cotton pair for summer....



Seriously. My heart melts.


Can you tell I love Oliver and S Patterns? I have several more I'd like to make up soon, and I've really appreciated how thorough but not dumbed down the instructions are. I think by starting out sewing with these patterns, I learned alot about how to sew for adults. The techniques are the same, the proportion (and fabric required) is just smaller! One note about size, I do find these patterns to run a bit big, but since my children (especially the blondie) are small for their age, this may or may not be true for others.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Go Sarah! It's "sew" cool that you started a blog! Looking forward to reading future posts.

    ReplyDelete